Attempt 2 at writing this after it was deleted last time.
When i first started this blog, I would never have expected to have recieved awards. This is my fourth since i entered the blogosphere in February this year. Wow. This time, i have been graciously nominated for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’ by Cyril Cliffette, a highly inspiring blogger herself who I had already decided would be recieving a nomination next time i recieved an award. Little did i know that it would be her that would gift me that award.
Like all these awards, there are a few rules:
1. Give thanks to your nominee-thank you Cyril, I really appreciate your kindness!
2. Write 7 things about yourself.
3.Give 7 nominations to fellow inspiring bloggers.
So here are 7 things about myself (different hopefully from the ones from my last award)
1. By writing this blog i have refuelled a passion for writing that i had lost over time. In primary school I looked forward excitedly to the English lessons where we would write short stories, but slowly this passion disappeared to be replaced with my love of music and further down the line languages.
2.This rediscovered passion has led to me having an urge to write a novel at some point. I have no idea what i would write about yet, but I’m sure my year in china (starting the end of next year) will be a source of inspiration.
3. I have never understood the stereotype in the UK that the German language is agressive and ugly. For me it is the very most beautiful language in the world and has led me to a new world of literature and music that many will never find. For me, languages are an essential key to the world and understanding it.
4. I love many music styles but have a particular love for prog rock, celtic, metal and schwarze Szene music. I wish for a time that people realise that not all metal is painfully awful thrashing of guitars and mindless screaming. I truely believe that some of the most beautiful songs ever written are by metal bands-and i shall give a few examples: Dream Theater-Wait for sleep, Sonata Arctica-My Selene, Opeth-Burden (and any gentle Opeth track for that matter. Patterns in the ivy, entire of damnation album, most of heritage album…list goes on)
5. I really want to have a go at writing some poetry in German, And even swedish when my swedish improves.
6. My two favourite places in the world are Edinburgh, my home town and Stockholm, the first place abroad i fell in love with.
7. I can be very pessimistic about mankind as a single entity, but not each person that make up that mankind. There are so many wonderful people to be a complete pessimist and lose complete hope in mankind.
And now for the nominations. As i said at the start of this post, this is my second time writing it after word press decided to delete it all for some reason…so this bit is shortened down a bit out of writing fatigue and an urge to go to sleep. I originally wrote a short passage on each of my nominees and why they were inspiring to me, but thats not going to happen this time round i’m afraid. Sorry guys!
2. Haiga 365
3. Cliffette’s Journal (i know you gave me the award, but if it is to go to inspiring people, i really must give it to you.)
Now you can see i have only 5 and not 7. This is because i wanted to give only to those who truely have inspired me as the award says. Other blogs I follow I do find inspiring, but not on quite the same personal level as these blogs. If I have nominated you, you do truely deserve the award. Thank you for your inspiring blogs!